Friday, December 12, 2014

Tutorial 5 - Programming update

In previous days, I have the same problem with the Twitter rate limit. It get exceeded very fast and it becomes one of the problem for me to do testing every time. Today discussion with my lecturer, we brought it out the issue and look for the solution.

Notes of discussion:

1.  Cache Data in php

One of the solution is to cache the data in php and one very useful library found in google called Phpfastcache library



2. As for the Processing update, we discussed about the condition for the tweet. I want it to work like
shows tweet by tweet but not grab whole array from php and display all tweets at a time.

(array grab and display at a time) 

My tutor explains the system and concept of the code and guide me through step by step. Things that i need to consider is to code a timer to tell the processing to check and grab the data every 5 seconds.
Next, the condition to draw and store.

Agreed action


1. Phpcachefast,

my working file :





2. Timer, very helpful tutorial I've found at learningprocessing website.



My working file : 





No comments:

Post a Comment